Classic Corn Pudding
This easy recipe makes a great Thanksgiving side dish, especially because it is cooked primarily in the microwave freeing up the oven and other stove burners for the rest of the holiday feast.
- 1 saucepan medium
- 1 2.5 qt round covered baking dish microwave safe
- 2.5 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter (half stick)
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 cups corn
- Add heavy cream, salt and pepper to saucepan and bring to boil, stirring regularly. Remove from heat.
- While stirring mixture, add butter, sugar corn and beaten eggs.
- Transfer into 2.5 quart baking dish and cover
- Microwave on high for 20 minutes
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recommended baking dish: Corningware French White 2.5 Quart baking dish which is great in the microwave and looks nice on your table for serving.